Thursday, February 7, 2008

Stupid. God. Damned. Fucking. Car.

I was going to start a new job this morning. I was aaaaaaall ready for it, too. Woke up unnecessarily early. Packed a lunch. Left in plenty of time to find the place.

And the fucking front tire is completely dead flat. And it's pretty fucking cold out.

I got the tire off and the spare out of the trunk before someone stopped. The guy was real sympathetic, and helped tighten the bolts, but by then I'd already been outside for a half hour, cursing and kicking and praying my piece-of-crap jack would hold. My feet had pretty much lost all feeling, and two of my fingers were completely white. Oh yeah, and that bone-rattling cough I still have? Yeah, that's really great when I'm sucking in icy fucking air.

Grrrrrr.

2 comments:

Francesca said...

I walked past a white cutlass olds this morning on the way to my Office of Productivity (a local coffeeshop) and was reminded of the crazy times we had driving to school. Hopefully your car troubles cleared up? Remember the time the driver side door wouldn't close? ..good times..
luv, ~Brier

Alina said...

Oh my god, I remember that thing! How could I forget my first car?

How many time did we drive to school together, with me driving with my right hand and holding the door shut with the left? And it was winter, too, or spring-ish, and the roads were bad...

I remember that we managed to get the door fixed, but I can't remember -how-. I think I kicked it...