Sunday, March 23, 2008

Ahhhhhhhhh.....

I got caught unawares by Easter. Thursday, I was at work, fully intending on coming in the next day, and it wasn't until just before I was leaving that I got rushed out of the building and told they were locking up early for the long weekend.

Long weekend? Isn't that in April?

I'm not complaining, though. It is a much needed break. I've been so stressed out getting the book done that while stretching today, I felt my back muscles suddenly release like a bungee cord holding an improperly secured canoe.

The book went to the printers on Tuesday night. Thursday evening, Layne and I went out for dinner to celebrate. We tried out a steakhouse that has their own meat smoker out back, and though the food was excellent, it gave me an upset stomach. Thankfully, Layne dragged me out for sushi (I was all for going home and lying down), and the combination of green tea and tasty tasty fishies made it feel better.

It felt like I did no work on the comic on Friday, because I puttered around the house relaxing for half the day and ONLY spent five hours or so writing scripts. I mean, jeez. I didn't even do any drawing.

Well, I was planning to... (I need to catch up on my buffer, after all) But thankfully, Shani called and invited us out dancing. I haven't been out dancing since I moved here, so it was great to go out and just dance. Man, that felt goooood... It reminded me that I need to dance more often. I get into this groove (no pun intended) when I dance, where time stops and I'm not really thinking about anything, just letting the music move me... It's wonderfully relaxing, even when I'm stomping and head-banging to some heavy industrial.

Caught up on a lot of sleep on Saturday, and was pleased to find out that my legs weren't sore (though my shoulders were. I dance with my shoulders a lot). I did some more writing for the comic, drew a little, got some groceries with Layne, and just generally relished not living under a deadline.

We did a big turkey dinner this evening for Easter/Belated Spring Equinox/Really, Really Belated Valentine's Dinner/Just 'Cause. It was delicious, but I'm not too surprised, because Layne is a master of making stuffing. I cooked some swiss chard to go with it, which isn't technically a spring green, but is tasty, dammit!

I may or may not have to go into work tomorrow. They weren't quite clear on that point while pushing me out of the door on Thursday, so I'm going to call in the morning and see if anyone's in the office. I seem to recall someone complaining about having to work the stat, but I'm not sure if that applies to everyone or not... We'll see. If I do get the day off, then yay, more chance to relax and slowly catch myself up on the comic, and if not, then at least I had a wonderful few days off.

No comments: